Wednesday

Feliz Aniversario Ana!



Friday night was spent celebrating Ana's birthday down at Bungalow 8, King Street Wharf. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the night was a success- lots of drinking, dancing and generally mucking up around town. Not too many accidents, though I did walk smack-bang into a pole. For some reason, despite the force of the impact, I did not feel a thing.

While still somewhat sober, and well before my intimate entangle with the pole, I took a moment to absorb the evening. Friends relaxed and comfortable with each other, lights shining off the yacht-filled harbour, the familiar smell of salt water coupled with sausages sizzling, a blimp with a huge television screen floating above, and the warmth of the outdoor heaters (not really needed despite it being the middle of winter). There was no pretense, no angst. It was the perfect Sydney night.

I could not have thought of a better way to party with our Portuguese girl on her birthday. Ana, you are gorgeous, dont ever change. Hope you had a great birthday.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Helga! THANK YOU! It sure was a night to remember... I just wish I remembered more of it... Like I tend to say when I've had a few too many: "I am so lucky to have you friends!!!!!"

Btw: damn that pole was BIG!