Tuesday

Deutschland & La France

December 2006-January 2007





Blankenau, the town where my Oma Christine lives, not far from Frankfurt

Oma's nursing home

Oma and I, my last day with her

At a Weinachtsmarkt in Fulda, the closest large town to Blankenau

Me in front of Christmas tree in Place Kleber, Strasbourg, "Capital de Noel"

Famous gothic cathedral (Munster) in Strasbourg while decorations light up to transform the city

Christmas decorations at Chez Yvonne, a famous Alsace restaurant

Place Kleber at dusk

Christmas with the family in Strasbourg, Alsace. L-R front row: Hermann (Christian's partner), Oma Fernande, Aunt Renee, Uncle Christian, Thebaut. L-R back row: Didier and my cousin Patricia (Thebaut's parents), Aunt Gaby

St Nicholas turned up. Thebaut guessed right away it was really my Uncle Christian

Nancy, where my Aunt Gaby lives, is the birthplace of Art Nouveau. I spent a week there before Paris. The next few pics are all Nancy

No comments: