Saturday

Sweet job


I am once again in the land of the employed. I am an "Eis Verkäuferin" That is, I sell the ice cream to all the ice cream-smeared kids in Prenzlauerberg. It's an Italian Gelaterria on my new street, just opposite the apartment, with lovely homemade gelati, a lively Italian red-lipsticked owner named Anna Maria (also the name of the shop) and wonderful co-workers from all over the world. I like watching the street from this shop. It's so dynamic and colourful here. Yesterday some gypsies entertained us all with folk music, a horse and carriage trotted past, a rickshaw pulled up, I fell in love with a little adopted African baby, was bitten by this baby, and I learnt some Italian. There are little tables and chairs out the front under shady horse chestnut trees. I work afternoons and evenings Monday-Friday, so I have weekends free and it pays the bills for the summer. Sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds promising! Do we get to hear more!?

Anonymous said...

Well done!!