Monday

Blind luck

"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies" ~Aristotle


Blue Steelin' it at the East Sydney Hotel- me, Blake, Hel, Rosco and Neil

The DCPers, last day of the course

Kritsin, me and Bron at Liv's birthday

Trace and Ana on the ferry


Me, Lis and Blake in the Blue Mountains, happy hours before Lis' accident ;o(

Rosco, Hel, Neil, Ana and Lyndel at Trace's BBQ

Me and Sal at the DCP Ball, Centrepoint Tower

Kristin and Phil, a favourite picture

Blake, Rosco and I at the DCP Ball

Ana and Niel on Pittwater

At the office- Belinda, KT, Blake, Sadhana and Ana

I am nearly there. I can see the finish line for all its promised freedoms, can smell the scent of living life on the other side, can hear the bursting exhalation from family who have- till now- been holding their breaths, can feel the proverbial weight lift from my collapsed shoulders, can taste the yeasty bubbles of that celebratory glass of Bollinger... yet, for some reason I hang on.

I have no reason to stay in this limbo, I have been here too long. But something, and I suspect, some people, are giving me reason. I read somewhere... that true friends are hard to find. Not for me. I walked blindly into the most arduous three years of my uni "career," expecting nothing and noone. Ok, I expected a huge academic learning curve, I must admit. I expected an outcome that generally saw me becoming a psychologist, a job that has- and still does- give me not only work- but life-satisfaction (as well as keeping me firmly on a "scenic path" that will never cross the highways of the corporate world). I got all of this.

What will I remember? What will I be forever grateful for? I walked blindly into a group of people who have opened my eyes to the unconditionality of true friendship. A group of people, who without knowing it, have showed me that life should be smothered with laughs, albeit peppered with tears. A group of people who reassured me that when there are tears, they are nature's way of calling on your friends.

I never used to drop to the ground from laughing.

I think I walked blindly into me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're pretty ace too!

Anonymous said...

helga, rarely do jewels sparkle so brightly. It was a joy. I look forward to many more laughs, adventures, and even tears with you. s x

Anonymous said...

Helga,

You are a rough diamond in a sea of cubic zirconia.

Helga said...

B 2000, it was not meant to be corny!!You are also implying there is something wrong with cubic zirconias, which there isnt. I agree with the "rough" part ;o)