Sunday

Banana Pancakes



Buddha Bar, The Arts Factory at Byron Bay







But baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this song
It's meant to keep you
From doin' what your supposed to
Like wakin' up too early
Maybe we could sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now
And we could pretend it all the time
~Jack Johnson

Well, what can I say? I have been lazy with this whole blog concept. But now that I have kicked myself into gear, I hope to post some news at least once per month.

Thoughts, feelings and behaviours are what psychologists are always on about: thoughts trigger how we feel and this affects how we behave. This is the only simple formula that exists in psych, everything after that becomes far more complicated. It's how 2 different people can be in the same situation, but end up feeling and acting very differently. Sometimes it's a good idea to notice this formula at work in myself.

Since going to see Jack Johnson in Centennial Park recently, I have not been able to stop playing his latest CD, In Between Dreams, probably to the frustration of those I share an office with, friends and flat mate (sorry guys, I will be over it soon)

Thought: I love this song!! (listening to Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson)
Feelings: Content, Relaxed, Hungry!
Behaviour: Keep hitting "repeat", continue listening to the track, continue to avoid doing case report
Thought: I know what I can make to eat tonight!!

So, it was a great concert- over 15 000 people, and an energetic, fun and eclectic crowd. I have never been so wet, cold and miserable in my life, but it was all worth it. I didn't even get sick!! (must be all those bananas Ive been eating...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the worst justification for procrastination I have ever read. What's more I know you wrote this when you were supposed to be doing case reports!
You write well young skyblogger, I think you should post more of your theories of people and life so those who log on can see what they're dealing with!
b.2000